'01 jetta gls 1.8t battery change

hi folks, have a dead battery on my '01 jetta gls 1.8t. I cant figure out how to get the old one out. I took out a screw on the rear left andf ront left case that surrounds the battery but i cannot figure out how to move it. It feels like it is anchored in.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Gary

Reply to
News

There is a clamp which holds the battery to the car. Unscrew the clamp at the base of the battery. The battery itself has a ledge on it, once this clamp is loose the battery itself can come out. The screw for the clamp is about in the middle of the battery, near the bottom.

Reply to
Mike

Hey mike, thanks. Do you have to take the case that surrounds the battery w/ the padding off first to get to that clamp? I dont see it anywhere.

Gary

Reply to
News