03 Jetta MIL light code P0103 ?

2003 Jetta 1.8T. I have a recurring MIL light with code P0103 (O2 sensor circuit malfunction circuit 1 sensor 1). Does this mean I need an oxygen sensor or could there be another problem. Light comes back on shortly after resetting. Thanks
Reply to
Earle

You might have a warranty on certain emission components including 02 sensor and catalytic converter. At least in the USA it might be 7 years or so AFAIK.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Most likely yes. A quick test with a meter should confirm this.

Reply to
Madesio

O2 sensor yes, but could be wiring harness issues. 4yr/50,000mile warranty but maybe longer if in California.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Possible meltdown including wiring being overheated.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck