03 passat water in footwell

After finding 1/2" of water in the footwell after a heavy rain, I traced the leak to the compartment housing the battery and master brake cylinder, which had 6" of water in it which I siphoned out. Apparently part of the windshield drains into the battery box, which has drain holes under the battery which are inaccessable. These got clogged with leaf junk.

Does anyone know how to get to the drain holes to clean them out without removing the battery?

Reply to
pdnews

You can't really - you could consider removing the rubber drain grommets in them though which should make the holes less likely to block.

Your biggest concern now is whether your Climate Control Module is now trashed - its located under the driver's seat (assuming you are in the USA). APart from the Climate control this controls stuff like the interior lights & central locking etc.

If you had 1/2 an inch visible in the footwell there was probably a lot more you couldn't see. Suggest you run a de-humidifier in there for a while

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

The CCU is under the drivers carpet and TCM is under the passenger side carpet. If you have climatronic then the Climate Control Module is part of the control head. The fix is to remove the battery and throw the rubber drain away. Also replace the ventilation intake assembly. I also remove the carpet and check for water/electrical damage.

Reply to
Woodchuck