04 doors freeze shut

I have an '04 Jetta, and the door always seems to freeze shut in winter any time we have freezing rain, or a wet snow. This is not a problem of the locks freezing. The felt strip at the top of the doors (all 4) get wet, and freeze. It does not appear to be a problem with the rubber seal either.

I'm going into my second winter with this issue, and I'm getting really frustrated. Last winter I actually ripped a small hole in the felt strip opening the door once. I almost just want to remove that whole strip altogether.

Does anyone know of any solution, or if it would be a problem just to remove that felt like strip?

Reply to
nwbutcher

Silicone spray the seals and felt seal.

Reply to