06 Jetta 2.0T test drive. Anything special to look for.

Hello to all again. I'm the guy with the 94 Jetta GLS that posted a month or so ago with the manual tranny issue. Rather than fix the car and keep driving her I think I might look at something new to drive.

Dealer here in town (Luther Westside in Minneapolis) has a ton of VW Corporate cars that continually pour in. I'm looking at a 06 Jetta

2=2E0T with Package 1 and Sunroof about 5,000 mile.

So .... anything special (early signs of problems) to look for beyond the norm? Turbo feel, climatronic, sunroof (I hope this is more reliable than my 94), etc. I've never owned a turbo. The 2.0T config was new in 2005 or 6 wasn't it? Whats the track record so far? Car entered the country here in January 2006, so any significant engineering changes from then thru 2007 on the powertrain? Its good and cold here now (7=B0) so no A/C check I suppose.

Does anyone know what VW Corporate Cars are? Employess, test fleet, loaners for Car Driver to flog? The CarFax's on these vehicles usual come back showing they were registered in either Michigan or New Jersey as corporate fleet vehicles. Owned for 6-10 months. Then sold at auction in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania. One car did come back showing it was a lemon buyback for a water leak. But all the others I checked (5-6 cars) were clean.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to email me with comments on the dealer or other.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

Dealer here in town (Luther Westside in Minneapolis) has a ton of VW Corporate cars that continually pour in. I'm looking at a 06 Jetta

2.0T with Package 1 and Sunroof about 5,000 mile.

So .... anything special (early signs of problems) to look for beyond the norm? Turbo feel, climatronic, sunroof (I hope this is more reliable than my 94), etc. I've never owned a turbo. The 2.0T config was new in 2005 or 6 wasn't it? Whats the track record so far? Car entered the country here in January 2006, so any significant engineering changes from then thru 2007 on the powertrain? Its good and cold here now (7°) so no A/C check I suppose.

Does anyone know what VW Corporate Cars are? Employess, test fleet, loaners for Car Driver to flog? The CarFax's on these vehicles usual come back showing they were registered in either Michigan or New Jersey as corporate fleet vehicles. Owned for 6-10 months. Then sold at auction in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania. One car did come back showing it was a lemon buyback for a water leak. But all the others I checked (5-6 cars) were clean.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to email me with comments on the dealer or other.

Reply to
none2u

One of my neighbor's has had a nearly new used car lot for years. Tons of cars with just a few thousand miles on them. I do not think that just because a car has low miles and is not sold at a VW dealer lot is a reason to believe it is a lemon. If it was I would suspect it should have shown up on Carfax but I do not know if lemons are reported.

Look at Edmunds for what the market price is new and used to work down >I wouldnt buy a VW corporate car that went to an auction . It means VW

Reply to
Jim Behning

I must apologize for not making something clear in my first post. The dealer is a VW dealer. I think actually one of the largest in the Midwest region. Compared to a new 07, its priced about $2,000 below Edmund's listed invoice similarly equipped.

Thanks

Reply to
HerkyJerky

If you like it offer less.