1.8L 16V coolant sensor?

First off, this NG has the absolute best group of people in the entire system. I recently asked a question of the Mazdah group and I'm sure the car will rust away before the question gets answered. I hate Mazdah's. Wifes car. Anyway, my question here is that on the 1.8L 16V, when one looks at the side of the head from the drivers side, there are 2 sensors. The one on the left is the coolant temp. and the one on the right, to the right of the coolant hose is a what? It has no wire going to it, looks just like the coolant sensor and everything works fine i.e.: fan, gauges, cold start valve. I have owned the car since new in '89 and it's always bugged me. Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick

Im gonna hazard a guess at the flux capacitor.

Seriously, it is more than likely the thermo time switch, this switch senses engine coolant temp and either opens or closes the cold start valve depending on coolant temperature.

Brad

Reply to
Mustangbrad

Reply to