10W30 oil for my 1992 Jetta TD

Hi:

I noticed that Castrol Canada has a 10W30 universal diesel engine oil:

RX Super SAE 10W-30

Does anyone know of any shops in the Greater Toronto Area selling this oil?

Thanks,

AJ.

Reply to
Amit Joneja

Look in the telephone yellow pages under oil or lubricating products etc and find the listing for Castrol. The distributor should be able to tell you where to purchase this stuff. Also, check the Castrol web site for a "contact us" button and act appropriately.

Ken W> Hi:

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

Ask at

the group is from Canada.

Jo Bo.

Reply to
Jo Bo

I would not use any 10W-30 in an 92 VW diesel, unless this is for winter only. With the high number as low as 30 the oil may be to thin at higher ambient temperature, causing trouble including the oil-buzzer going off.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

Yes Ingo, I intend to use this for winter only.

The other day, I was topping my engine oil with 15W40 and it was -30C and I had kept the oil bottle in my trunk and it was like jelly. So I thought that by using a lighter oil like 10W30 (for diesel) should be OK. Or I could put

15W40 when I get an oil change and use 10W30 for topping it up when I check the oil level every 1000Kms. which should be OK.

Thanks.

Reply to
Amit Joneja