18" wheels on 98 GTI VR6 with shine lite suspension and bilstein sports?

Hi I just bought a 1998 VW GTI VR6. The guy I bought if from says is has "Shine "lite" suspension (Bilstein sports all around, Shine 200 lb. front springs with stock VW rear springs, Shine rear sway bar)". I am wondering if I can fit light weight 18" wheels on it with this suspension. I don't know if it's lowered/dropped. I *think* its still at stock height, just with a different suspension.

Would 18" wheels fit on a stock 98 VR6? What offset rim is recommended?

(ps I already know the arguements about wheel weight and decreased performance. I think they look too cool so I can sacrifice a bit)

Thanks!

Reply to
Lee

If you plus-size the tires accordingly, the wheel size should be of no consequence (within reason).

Reply to
Matt B.