1990 Carat digifant- yellow substance in ECV

I was changing the valve cover gasket on my 90 Carat digifant and when replacing the ECV into the valve cover, I noticed a few drops of water starting to drip out of the ECV (and into the engine...)

So I started shaking the ecv and this Yellow vomit-like substance came out, a lot of it, the thing must have been packed with it.

I didn't disconnect the hose (I can only handle so much car work at a time) but I'm wondering if any of this got sucked into the intake. Maybie this damages the ecv or is a sign of something.

The only other poss. thing related to this is water-smoke out the tailpipe on startup periodically on the after-overnight startup.

It looks like the startup smoke may be gone now, I'll know better over next couple days. I'm kind of relieved that this may be the source of the tail-smoke.

tia, irv

90 Carat 180k miles 96 Trek (converted from auto to manual) 80k miles 98 GL 80k miles all 8v, GL has auto tranny, prayers accepted.
Reply to
IR

Oil and water combined often make this yellow goo and it's not abnormal for moisture to get in there especially if you have had wet/cold weather lately. many people notice this most in the wintertime. Just shake it out and reinsall..I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply to
Matt B.

"Startup smoke" that goes away in less that 30 seconds or so, can easily be attributed to a leaky valve seal or two. Much more visible in very damp or foggy days. Don't sweat that either.

Reply to
Jonny

Thanks guys for the replies. The smoke only lasts 5 seconds and I did get a whif this morning and theres was an oil smell. Cool.

Reply to
IR