1992 Jetta Replacement bulb question

Hi:

I have a 1992 Jetta. The bulb in the air and temperature control face plate in the dash is out. I've enquired from the local VW dealership and they sell the whole plate as the bulb is fixed inside the plate.

I managed to pry open the grey plastic strip at the back of the plate to get access to the bulb. In trying to pull out the bulb, I broke it. I'm tried to pull out the bulb socket but that too looks permanently glued in the grey strip. Can anyone suggest how I can get the socket out and what kind of replacement bulb can I put in for this application?

Thanks in advance,

Amit.

Reply to
Amit Joneja