1994 Polo 1.3L Heavy steering

Increasing tyre pressure will make it easier to rotate the steering wheel, although not correcting any mechanical defect regarding the strange hum. al.

Reply to
al

Hello,

Is there anything I can do to make the steering any lighter? Also on full lock and the car is moving there is a strange hum coming through the steering wheel.

Thanks

Reply to
Pedro

The hum sounds like a power steering pump. But I believe that this model does not have power steering!

Reply to
Pedro

Didn't some Polo models have the electric power steering system? But I suspect that came later than your model. Weird, sounds like a PS problem. Puzzling.

Al.

Reply to
Al

Check: Power Steering Fluid.... BELT (if this is slipping, steering effort will increase)... I have a feeling that might be your problem.

Reply to
Ears

This is a U.S. group (the Polo is not available here unfortunately). You're welcome to post here, of course, but you may have better luck at

uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled

Happy motoring!

Reply to
Ears