1995 Jetta Hard to Start Cold

My daughter just bought a '95 Jetta, 2.0 liter which runs fine but has a problem with long crank times when cold. After starting the car will start and run fine the rest of the day, but next morning its back to the long crank times.

Today she was complaining about it stalling on take off when cold.

Any ideas on where to start the diagnosis? I'm thinking that the car has a fuel pressure issue, either filter or pump.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

(bogus email, please reply to group)

Dave in Columbus

Reply to
noone

Possibly FI Coolant Temperature Sensor! Maybe weak ign. coil or bad fuel pump relay also. just guessing! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Thanks for the ideas. I'll add those items to my list of things to check.

Dave in Columbus

Reply to
noone