1999 New Beetle, Cost Effective Switchblade Keys with Remotes

Hello,

I am guessing that this issue has been beat to death but I am not finding any cost effective answers through my searches on the net. I currently have one switchblade key with a remote and one valet key. The switchblade transponder has become a cash cow for VW.

What is the most cost effective means to obtain 1 or preferably 2 extra switchblade keys, cut, transponders and remotes programmed to vehicle. Naturally I would prefer VW parts but am open to alternatives. VW dealer wants $230 per set whether you already have a programmed key and remote or none and tow your vehicle to the dealer. As a minimum one would think the second key made should be cheaper as they have the programming codes after the first set is done.

Ford charges a fraction of VW's cost for their transponder keys.

Help please!

Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy