1999 VW Cabrio Remote Keyless...

I have a 99 vw cabrio. it has pdl, pw, and an alarm. when i bought it it came with only one key, and no remote so i purchased one on E-bay because someone told me all 98+ vws come with keyless entry installed. well i've tried everything and cant get the remote to work. could it be because my pdl on my drivers side is broken? it doesn't always lock and arm when i put the key in to turn it to lock, but it works flawlessly on the passanger side. what im asking is: why cant i get the remote to work? am i wrong and my car doesn't have keyless entry installed?

Reply to
kayla126

City... is that they need to program your new key's remote, with the car's remote. This requires either a computer-like, expensive $2,000 thing from Snap-On, or a laptop computer with a $100 program / plug. In both cases, they connect to your car's 'brain box' and that's what will allow the keyless entry system to work. The dealer usually charges $250 for the key, plus another $50 - $100 for the labor.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reply to
croexican

if the fob's are good we charge $40 to program them.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

You may have a issue with the door lock since it works OK from the right side.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

In the bentley manual there is a procedure for programming different remotes for a car...

Reply to
wolfsburgnut