2000 beetle brake light switch recall color?

I finally had to replace the brake light switch myself due to VWA's inaction. The one that I swaped out was first replaced in the recall last year. The one that they replaced it with is black. The new one I bought is purple. Would that mean they never replaced it in the recall? What are the specific numbers?

Reply to
lolajoker

New switches come in black and purple. But I think the purple is the newest or just may be made by another vendor.

Reply to
Woodchuck