2000 GTI Key FOB won't stopped working

So I had a working FOB for my 2000 GTI VR6 and one that didn't work remotely. I decided to put batteries in the one that didn't work so I could have 2 working FOB's. Went to Radio Shack and bought the batteries. Installed them on the spot. Tried the FOB and it still didn't work. Then I tried the original FOB (the one that was working fine earlier) and IT no longer worked either. Tried the re-programmin/ resetting instructions in the owner's manual with no luck.

So here I sit with two FOB's that won't work remotely. Can anyone share some advice that may save me a trip to the dealer and the over priced "service" that I might have to endure?

Thanks in advance.

Tym.moran

batteries installed correctly with respect of the (+)?

Reply to
news.wildblue.net