2000 jetta ac

Okay I have 2000 jetta 1.8T. AC just stopped working, Had an issue with the FCM(fan control module) replaced it. Yet still no AC. Pressure switch has been tested fine (DUTY CYCLE @ 20%), Engine ECM tells me with vag-com AC passed, and under the readings I can see all the switching is operational. Freon level has been checked and no leaks present. One odd thing I noticed is that the voltage to the ac compressor seems to be switching from 12V to

0V (pulses) fairly quickly, quick enough that it doesnt allow the ac clutch to activate. What would cause such a problem or prevent the AC clutch signal from acting the way it should. Bently manual doesnt provide enough insight into the workings of the FCM (Fan control module) and the type of signals it receives or sends. Wiring diagram only goes so far. Damn volkswagen and their secrecy.

Thanks Alex snipped-for-privacy@internet.look.ca

Reply to
Alex

I have a pinout chart for the 14 pin FCM - don't have one for the 10 pin, but hopefully some of this will help. Email me and I will send you the Excel file.

PB

Reply to
driverswanted77

Have you jumpered power to the AC clutch yet? AC module will not turn the clutch on if it's open, shorted or current draw is out of spec.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Okay so I jumeprd 12V to the ac clutch and nothing worked. So I guess its the AC clutch. Here's the funny part about it. Here in Canada the ac clutch at the dealer is 566$, yet a complete brand new compressor with cluctch and pulley at the dealer is 420$. Once again VW pricing is all fu**ed up. Anyone know where I can get a new ac clutch at a decent price, as I know the compressor is good. Thanks

Reply to
Alex

E-mail me with the part number the dealer looked up. I think I have a NEW one here at the house.

Reply to
Woodchuck