2001.5 Passat Head Light replacement

Hi,

Got a 2001.5 Passat. On of the daytime running lights is burnt out. How difficult is this to replace? Owner's Manual says "let a dealer do it". If it's not too technically challenging, where can I get a replacement? What's the approximate cost of a replacement?

TIA

Bart

Reply to
BRN

StyxNStones®

BRN

I have seen an inordinate number of Passat's with this problem. It happened to me with less than 12 months and 15,000 miles.

It was repaired under warranty but I think this is a problem area for this particular vehicle.

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme

Should be a standard headlamp bulb (probably an H7 is my guess). Should be under $20. The real question is just accessing the back of the lamp to swap out the bulb.

Reply to
Matt B.

yeah, seems so, that's why i turned my drl's off.

Reply to
StyxNStones®

And about every other new car on the market. Take a look at Audi's, VWs, Volvo's, and some Japanese cars... At least one of the bulbs either front on rear is burnt out. I think it must be the newer whiter bulbs. I tried the "Silverstar" bulb by Sylvania, and it blew in under 3 months!! - I installed it using clean cloth gloves and I didn't even touch the glass of the bulb, just in case.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

The photo links are all broken now:-(

BRN

poop, hey, if ya post a reply/comment on ClubB5, they are quite good at replying and taking care of matters. hth

StyxNStones®