2001 GTi - "clinking" sound over bumps

My GTi seems to produce a "clinking" sound when I drive over things such as speed bumps, curbs, etc. I have a lowered the suspension using the Eibach ProKit springs (1" drop or so) which I put on myself, 4 wheel alignment subsequently done at the dealer. I've wondered what might be causing the sounds. Two possibilities I've thought of are:

a) loose upper strut nuts "topping out" - but these were tightened (carefully!) by a local garage using an impact driver.

b) driveshaft coming into contact with front swaybar - but there is no evidence of rubbing/denting on the driveshafts when I inspect them visually.

I can't be absolutely certain that it doesn't occur at just the front either - roads here are bumpy, so it's difficult to tell whether or not I hear the sound coming from the rear wheels as well!

Anybody have any suggestions? Should I worry?

Reply to
1.8 Turbo

missing anti-rattle clips on the brake pads?

Reply to
Matt B.

Bingo. You beat me to it. :)

Reply to