2001 Jetta 1.8T - Recirculating block heater?

Hello, I've got a 2001 Jetta GLS with the 1.8T engine. It came from the dealership with an oil pan warmer installed; when the mercury drops down into -20C range it starts as if it hasn't been plugged in.

I've read some about installing a recirculating block heater; I found instructions for a TDI Jetta here:

Would the installation be the same for my 1.8T engine?

Also, is there a frost plug on the 1.8T engine? If so where is it? A frost plug heater is another option I've been considering.

Thanks! Tyler Gunn

Reply to
Tyler Gunn

Jim B.