2001 Jetta Brake, ABS, and Traction Control Lights Come on with three beeps

The title about says it all. I have a 2001 Jetta with 85kmi and at odd times my ABS and traction control warning lights come on, along with my brake light, which flashes, and I get three beeps. This repeats. It almost seems like it's triggered by shifting, although once it happened when I was parked and just before I turned the car off.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the brakes. My rear pads were kind of worn so I replaced them and bled the system, but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Reply to
bozjidar

did you check for any faults using the vag-com tool? loose or damaged wiring to a sensor maybe? just guessing here.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

faulty electrics I think are giving you false warning lights. I'm gonna guess it's a faulty ignition switch based on your symptoms (although it's still a guess) given that a few of us have experienced similar glitches over in some of the Eurovan/T4 groups and have found the culprit to be the ignition switch. When it happens again, jiggle the key around a little and see if that changes anything.

Reply to
Matt B.

could be as easy as the brake light switch! brake pad wear has nothing to do with your issue. Gota get fault codes.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck