2001 Jetta GL - Remote locks, trunk release, int lights shorted out

My Jetta's remote locks, trunk release, fuel door and interiors lights' fuse is blown and keeps blowing when I replace them. I think it started a while back. All of a sudden the car would auto lock and engage the alarm even with the key in the ignition. It did this also with the door open. The driver side door lights (red and white)didn't go on when the door was open. The auto-lock/alarm thing went away but now I have a short somewhere. could it be the lock mechanism in the driver door doing this or is it more involved? Also, is there any way of manually opening the fuel door and trunk? I can't find anything in the manual.

Reply to
Scott B