2001 Jetta GLX Premature Rear Brake Wear

I know there is a problem with 2001 Jetta regarding premature rear brake wear and a Technical Service Bulletin was issued by VW.

Can anyone forward me a link or email a copy of the TSB? The title is as follows: Technical Service Bulletin 4602-01 APR 02 Brake Pads (Rear) - Apparent Premature Wear

Thanks

Reply to
Dave D

How many miles did you get out of the pads?

Reply to
Woodchuck

I have replaced rear pads on the 2000 & 2001 cars with as little as 10,000 miles and others have gone 30,000+ on the same pads. The issue is on the cars in the above years may have pads with soft lining to keep brake noise to a minimum. It all comes down to how a person drives the cars. 40,000 miles on a Passat is good for brake pad replacement and you must be a conservative driver. As for if VW will replace the pads for FREE it all depends on how long the pads lasted and how old the car is...

Reply to
Woodchuck

were any of yours free ?

I just had to replace mine at 20,000 which I wasn't happy about, and my dealer wouldn't do anything.

dv

Reply to
Drew Volpe