2001 Jetta problem codes (running rich)

I have a 2001 Jetta with the 2.0 non turbo engine. Recently one of the lights on the dash came on. OBD pulled the following codes:

P0172- System too rich (bank 1) P1128 - Upstream O2 Sesor Swapped

About the same time, the gas guage started to work erratic. It reads about 2 lines above where it should be (so when Im at 1/2 a tank, it says I have a little under 3/4). I'm thinking this could be the MAF or just the upper O2, or maybe both needs to be replaced.. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to go from here.

Thanks Chad

Reply to
Chad

It's not the O2 sensor as it only reports back to the ECU what the mixture is in the exhaust. It may be the MAF but you may have overlooks something simple. Is it worth a $20 paypal donation as the fix could just involve about 30 minutes or your time and no parts are needed?

Reply to
Woodchuck