2001 Jetta Turn Signal out + High-beams

My turn signal started blinking doubletime, so I checked the manual and found that this is a warning to let you know a turn signal bulb is out.

But, I noticed my brights won't turn on as well. My brights can flash (ie, pull the signal lever towards you), but they won't turn on (ie, push the lever towards the dash). Are these incidents connected?

Also, is it very hard to change the signal bulb if that is all it is?

Thanks,

MattD

Reply to
Matthew D. Clark

I don't believe they are connected, usually headlight and turnsignals are wired seperatly. Sounds to me like you might have a bad highbeam switch. If the high beams come on when you pull towards you and not away from you it sounds to me like a bad switch being that the high beams do work.

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net...

Reply to
Mustangbrad