2001 Passat HELP

How do I push the pistons in on the rear calipers and how to I bleed th

brakes? I cracked the rear brake bleed to try to get the pistons in anj now I need to pump the brakes up to get pressure. Do I bleed the normally or is there anything special I need to do

-- Capt_Rick_N

this thread:

Capt_Rick_NC

The rear pistons need to be turned as they are compressed. This is best accomplished with the proper tool:

but I've done it using channel-lock pliers and a vise as well but it can be a real PITA.

Brake bleeding is pretty much the normal, two-person process unless you've got a pressure-bleeder of some sort.

- Charlie

04 Audi S4 06 Audi A4 2.0T 03 VW Passat 4-Motion Wagon (lease ended 11/05) 98 Audi A4 1.8TQMS (sold 9/04) 99 Audi A4 2.8L Wagon (lease ended 1/03)
Reply to
Charlie Giannetto