2001 VW Passat Hazzards and Turn Signal - early 2001 model

Ahh its been a bad week.

Turn signals dont work anymore, and hazzards dont either. I can here the click and sometimes I can get the hazzards to flash.

Any ideas how to fix?

How to access the signal control module? Is it behind the hazzard switch? How do I access the full panel around the radio and the plastic wood?

Thanks Kindly

-Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

replace the hazard switch.

Reply to
Matt B.

There was a safety recall (Safety recall VX) on 2000 - 2002 Jetta, Golf, and GTI to replace the turn signal / emergency flasher ... might want to check with the dealer and see if Passats are covered too.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

I can pop the front button off, but not sure how I can access the switch behind the console. I would like to attempt this myself if I can, any ideas how to access it further?

Reply to
Ryan

Nope - my Bentley doesn't cover Passats - but it shows a special tool is required to remove it from the Jetta.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

After the button cover is removed, gently pry at the top and bottom (or at each side) of the hazard relay body with a small flat-blade screwdriver. It is imperative to pry evenly at both edges to keep the relay body from getting wedged sideways.

HTH

Reply to
Trip