2002 Jetta 1.8L -- Audio System Out... HELP!

The car stereo on my Jetta is not working.. I assume it is a fuse (even the illumination is not working when the dashboard lights are on). I assume it's a fuse, but I pulled every fuse out of the fuse panel, but they all look good... PLUS I can't figure out which fuse it would be, as the fuse card and owner manual are pretty useless.

Any help?

Reply to
David A. Elliott

look at the 10A fuse located at the rear panel of the radio.

T.-

"David A. Elliott" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Gustavo Arriagada

Contact your dealer. There are known problems with the Monsoon head units. I had the one in my '02 replaced under warranty.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'll check it out... but where is it? How do I get to it?

Reply to
David A. Elliott

Okay.. I can't seem to get to the rear of the radio... how do I get back there? Do I have to remove the unit somehow?

Reply to
David A. Elliott

Yes. You'll have to remove the H.U. to access that fuse. Usually, the removing tools are provided by the dealer where you purchased the car.

T.-

"David A. Elliott" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Gustavo Arriagada

Ugh... I'll have to check with my local dealer as I bought the car in New Jersey and I'm now in California! What a pain! Thanks!

Reply to
David A. Elliott

Crutchfield or any other car audio store should sell (or borrow) that tools...

T.-

"David A. Elliott" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Gustavo Arriagada

I went to the local dealer here... there is a software problem with some

2002 Jetta stereo systems. My service advisor pulled out the number 42 fuse for about 30 seconds and put it back in. VOILA! It works again!
Reply to
David A. Elliott

Ctrl+Alt+Del?

:)

T.-

"David A. Elliott" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Gustavo Arriagada

..snip...

Base on my experience with our 2002 Passat Monsoon (pulling/replacing fuse to fix), the problem will recur. In other words, the dealer needs to replace the stereo.

Bill

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02
Reply to
William Maslin