2002 Passat Double DIN HU Hands Free Cell Kit Wiring Question

Posted this in rec.audio.car but got no response, hopefully better luck here. Thanks in advance...

So I get the Motorola HF850 Bluetooth car kit and have it nicely installed but can't figure out where to get a ignition switched +ve.

The HU has a "+/- B" terminal which switches on when the radio or CD is playing but no incoming ACC. I checked some of the terminals in the fusebox (horn etc.) but they all seem to be unswitched.

So for the present switching on the radio switches on the Hands Free and initiates a connection to the phone but I'd like it to do that when I turn the ignition regardless of the radio.

Can someone please advise me which wire I can tap into for a switched ACC +ve?

Also, does anyone know if I can route the HF850 spkr. out into the HU so that sound comes from the stereo speakers?

BTW, the mute wire works, just 2 things to remember buy the wire with the correct connector $4 from your local VW dealer and the locking pin in the plug can be removed from the slot in the middle of the plug, a paper clip bent in an L works.

Thanks, Anil

Reply to
anilasher