2002 Passat Erratic Idle

Hi everyone,

My cousin has a 02 Passat V6 with about 45k miles. At stops the tachometer is going from 800 Rpm to 1200 Rpm and then drops to 800 and repeats the pattern. There isn't any other problem while driving. I haven't taken a look at it yet but was wondering if it's the mass airflow sensor which is bad. No check engine light is on.

Thanks in advance, Nick

Reply to
Nick

MAF's on V6's don't go bad. I think I may have replaced 1 since 1998. Check for vacuum leaks or a throttle housing needing cleaned.

Reply to
Woodchuck