2003 Golf GTI 1.8T. Opinions?

Hi there,

I am looking at a early 2003 VW Golf GTi 1.8 Turbo.

18K. Very good condition.

Anyone have experiences, good or bad? Any tips? Anybody know the MPG's?

Thanks

Kieran O' Leary

Reply to
Kieran O'Leary

My experiences -

Bad: Creaking sound from seats, dashboard rattle, back side windows (3-door so non opening type) removed and realigned to fix water getting trapped behind rubber surrounding seal, boot light turning off after a short period while hatch still open, window regulators failed 4 times (part now modified but still failed) (3-door only, I think 5-door is not effected)

Good: No engine problems. I love the car. It's not the fastest car but enough for most people.

MPG: Lucky to get 35mpg on a long trip. 26 on a short spirited one is more usual.

I would definitely buy another one if the local dealer was better.

Reply to
DubDriver

I am running my second passat 1.8t manual. The first was a 1999 and then a 2004. Turbo engines are reliable and amazing. They have low rmp torque. I however found the 2004 engine (with 170hp) having a lot of high vibration in steering and gas pedal at highway speed.I lately test drove other passat

1.8t both manual and automatic and they show the same vibration around the same speed on same gear !

There is someting vibrating somewere that require some hamonic ajustment.

No fix for now at VW !

"DubDriver" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@demeter.uk.clara.net...

Reply to
Hermangf