2003 Jetta, speedometer floating...

Hello, hopefully someone out there has had this happen to them. If i drive my jetta under 65mph, speedometer is perfect. Going to 70 or better, after a few minutes, the speedometer starts floating from 60-70 mph. If i go below 60 again, it's fine?

AL

Reply to
ascssmith

auto trans?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

yes, soryy, should have stated that... (4) cyl, 2.0

AL

Lost > auto trans?

Reply to
ascssmith

So the answer is automatic? wierd...

Reply to
Peter Parker

then my guess is the plastic drive gear inside the trans is cracked & slipping.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck