2003 Jetta TDI - 10,000 Mile Service

I just dropped off my 2003 Jetta TDI at VW for the 10,000 mile service. I was quoted $165.00. Does that sound right to others? Is it allot more because of the TDI?

Numan

Reply to
Numan

Compare the manufacturers recommended service schedule in the book in the glove compartment with the list the dealer gives you of what they propose to do. Usually the dealer adds stuff that may not needed to be done.

Reply to
Diarmud387

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Sounds a high. Been two years since I had a 10k done but it was about $80.

"I'd suggest you check out tdiclub.com for info on your TDI. I'm not mechanical at all but I've learned to do most of the basic maintenance myself. Just a suggestion.

JEB

Reply to
JEB

$165 is high ... $30 for the 4 quarts of synthetic oil, $10 for the filter.

May need a touch more than 4 quarts oil total, but 4 quarts usually puts mine right on the mark.

And I second the thought about

- there's a ton of info and some very experienced TDI owners there.

If Numan's dealer gets $165 for an oil change ... I'd hate to see the quote for the timing belt.

mechanical at all but I've learned to do most of the basic

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

right on the mark.

very experienced TDI owners there.