2003 passat radio connector

I've installed an aftermarket radio in my non-monsoon 2003 (it appears to use the same harness as the monsoon of previous years??) and can't figure out which connector is the antenna amplifier power. Can anyone tell me? TIA

Reply to
Peter R

There is none! The antenna power is sent down the antenna wire. So basically if you don't use an antenna from a older VW that has the external amp wire then your reception especially on AM will suck.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I installed an aftermarket stereo in a 2002 non-Monsoon Golf. I don't believe there is an antenna connector wire in the harness. Instead, my new stereo has a blue antenna power lead coming out of it.

I had to buy a special VW antenna adapter from Crutchfield. This adapter connects the existing (round, thick, black) antenna wiring up to the new stereo's antenna input, but the adapter also has an auxiliary connector for the blue antenna power lead. Here's a link to that adapter:

HTH...

Reply to
Cat Carson