2003 Passat Steering Rack

A friend had the steering rack go bad in her 2003 Passat at less than 900 miles. The rack was "cracked" and leaked fluid. The fluid would be gone in less than 10 days.

Is this a "known" Passat problem?

Reply to
tf

Yes it is as I replace 250,000 racks last week! All kidding aside no it's not a "known" problem... so the company who made the rack just messed up. VW doesn't make their racks but are made by TRW, ZF, and some jap company.

Reply to
Woodchuck

VW didn't make the "H" coils either, but I *guess* your answer is that this is not a typical problem.

Reply to
tf

Or is it that the H coils weren't made by some "jap" company?

Reply to
4Motion

Not a known, or unknown, problem. The racks in Passats are really trouble free (until now).

-- Pencilneck blah blah blah

Custom VW gauge overlays

86 (soon to be 2.0L turbo) Jetta 86 VR6 Quaifed/Schricked/Garrett'd Jetta 87 stock $600 dog hauler Jetta

ANTI SPAM - REMOVE THE "Z"

Reply to
Pencilneck