2003 VW Jetta OVERHEATING...PLEASE HELP!

I have a 2003 Jetta with 2.0 engine (62k miles) that is overheating. Here are the symptoms:

  1. Fan does work and will come on at 190 degrees or a little higher.

  1. Top radiator hose gets hot to the touch.

  2. Bottom radiator hose is COLD..

  1. I also get no heat on the interior

I know it's not the thermostat. I pulled it and tested in pot of boiling water and it's fine, but I replaced it anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
nesral

replace the waterpump. No heat means the WP ain't pumpin' coolant.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

The plastic, pressed on impeller on your water pump has either loosened on the shaft (slipping), or has fallen apart.

IOW you need to replace your water pump.

Do the idler pulley and the timing belt at the same time. I would also do the serp belt as well.

It's just another in a long line of examples of crap engineering by Volkswagon and Audi.

Good luck!

Reply to
Stefani Bowers