2006 Jetta- Locks

Ok this has been driving me nuts, wife has a new Jetta 2006, whose doors do not unlock when the car is put into park. You have to actually hit the unlock button manually on the door or on the key to unlock the doors after parking the car. As we have a 2 year old (in the back seat) this gets old real quick. Every car I've owned in the last 10 years that had power locks auto unlocked upon parking (or opening drivers door). What is the deal? Is it a computer coding thing? Anyway to reprogram the car to auto unlock the doors?

Thanks

Reply to
Buhda

For security reasons the last thing I would want is a car that automatically unlocks. You want some crimanl to walk up to your car and assault you because they know the car will automatically unlock? It also prevents the escape artist kid from escaping from the car. You press the buttons that prevent the kid from opening the door himself or opening the windows.

You can buy a vagcom and program the keys or doors to do other functions. vwvortex.com probably has someone with that answer on how to make your family less secure. I have riden in or driven newer Ford, Dodge, Toyota, GM, Volvo and Mercedes cars and none of them have unlocked when parking. At least I never noticed, I am sure I would have heard the locks pop up if they did. Well maybe not the Mercedes but I would on the other cars and trucks.

Reply to
Jim Behning