2006 VW Jetta 2.5 alarm system

Hello all, My wife recently purchased a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5. Last weekend we attempted to install an aftermarket alarm system, but the audio shop told us that there is an adapter they need that is not available for this car yet. Any ideas on why this is the case? Has anyone installed an alarm system on this type of car?

The thing is, my car (Acura) got stolen a few weeks ago and the VW keys/remote were on my glove box. We immediately changed all the locks and reconfigured the remotes (US$1000.00, ouch!). So I really want to get the aftermarket alarm system done ASAP. Any ideas, thoughts, recommendations?

Thanks,

FC

Reply to
Pancho