81 Cabrio ignition problem

Just switched out 82 Scirocco motor to 81 Cabrio.(Rust in peace) Rocco. Everything went perfectly,until first start.Turned key to see if there was electrical power.Yes there is but the turn signal light comes on solid(no blink) Electrical that does work: Headlights,dash etc. Rear defroster Hazard lights Starter motor Electrical that doesnt work:Turnsignals Heater fan Wipers Fuel pump Relay,ground??? Any help would be great.

Reply to
DubbyaC

Well obviously the motor itself can't be the cause. I would guess that you crushed a wire when you did the swap and either broke it or shorted it. I'd also check all of your grounds. You might have had a bad chassis ground that was using an alternate path through the engine ground strap that isn't making contact with the new motor. Your going to need schematics to figure this one out. Also check to see if all those loads are on the load reduction relay it might be the one thing common to all.

Reply to
Stephen Haare