82 1.6 flooding problem

It will start and run fine but after it is shut down it will not start and you can smell fuel. Wait a few hours and it will start again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys
82 1.6 WHAT?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

82 1.6 lt engine with cis FI.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to
Jim Behning

Well that a lot more information. That said I guess you could have a Rabbit, jetta, etc, or dasher if in the USA. Really the only way to diagnosis the problem is get a fuel gauge and start checking pressures. But usually a hot start problems means the FI system isn't holding pressure when the engine is off. Your repair manual should guide through in checking FI pressures.

82 1.6 lt engine with cis FI.

Mario

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Thanks Its a rabbit cabrio and I can really smell alot of gas fumes if I try to restart it after I let it run for even 2 minutes.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

The Bentley repair manual covers the basic tests. Just checking for bad injectors does not neccessarily require a presurre guage but it does require a few tools, a manual to explain the procedure, a few good fire extinguishers, Loctite, bottles, new injector o-rings and possibly new injectors.

Reply to
Jim Behning

On Jan 16, 5:45 pm, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote: > Well that a lot more information. That said I guess you could have a Rabbit, > jetta, etc, or dasher if in the USA. Really the only way to diagnosis the > problem is get a fuel gauge and start checking pressures. But usually a hot > start problems means the FI system isn't holding pressure when the engine is > off. Your repair manual should guide through in checking FI pressures. >

Thanks Its a rabbit cabrio and I can really smell alot of gas fumes if I try to restart it after I let it run for even 2 minutes.

Mario

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1