82 Rabbit Door Lock Mechanism

Our door lock plunger used to snap into full-up or full-down position. Now it just seems to float or fall back to the half-up position. Is there a spring in there somewhere that could have broken? rich

Reply to
Rich

Please replace that tiny spring located inside of the latch since it might cause you not to be able to easily open the door. Or replace that latch. BTW have you lubed the latch lately? Might just be stiff and binding due to lack of good lube! Of course that is IF this is your problem! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

The first problem is, was a connecting sleeve missing between the tab sticking into the door from the latch, and a tab connected to the side of the up-down push rod. We were able to find this in Chilton picture, and ordered one from the factory. Glad you mention another spring inside the latch, we will check that out too. Tnx. rich

Reply to
Rich

You were right, the little spring inside the externally mounted latch mechanism was broken. No one knew if it could be replaced, but they did find a "used" latch assembly that they cleaned up and installed. Now it works, thanks. rich

Reply to
Rich

yes you can replace that spring IF you can find that size spring! lol

glad you got it fixed! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1