85 Vanagon westfalia -Air conditioner

Anyone know how to recharge the Air Conditioner on an 85 Westfalia? The main unit is mounted in a cabinet above the rear bed. My vanagon is an

85 Westy with manual transmission.

*MYSTIC*

Reply to
Mystic

It originally used R-12 and it's not available in the US anymore. So since it's a westy you'll want to take it to a shop that specializes in AC work and have then convert it to R134. Other then that it's charges as normal.

Joe

Reply to
Jo Bo

Actually it was converted to r-134 in 1991 if I can believe the service sticker on the back of the licence plate.

My main problem is where do I find the inlet for filling the refrigerant? I see nothing obvious when looking in the engine compartment.

*MYSTIC*
Reply to
Mystic