86 Golf CIS-E hard start / stall

Just fishing here cause my 86 Golf had some issues and is starting to have more.

First issue is that upon starting when cold or coldish it feels like it's not firing on one or more likely a couple cylinders. To remedy this I just push down the gas pedal about halfway and then start it. This lets it rev up then it settles back down to what sounds like a normal cold start warm-up (sounds a bit high at first then settles down).

I have a new cap and rotor I'm going to put on just to see if it helps. Any ideas on what it most likely is? Fuel injectors? Poor spark?

The other issue which just started today which I hope is related, is that it just stalled on me while driving and then wouldn't start again for a few minutes or perhaps my jiggling of the fuel pump wires. Then like a previous poster drove it parked it and when I went back awhile later it was acting like it had been when it had stalled before. Also looking under there I noticed a hose clamp totally loose on a hose, it was still attached thoufgh with no gas leaking.

Sorry for the length.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

fuel filter is clogged

Reply to
Simplstupd

Thanks, I don't mind throwing a new one of those in there. See if it does the trick.

later,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG