86 Golf Diesel - Heating & Cooling vents

Can the interior heating, defrost and cooling vents be cleaned beyond normal reach? Lots of engine dust and very small debris coming out of vents occasionally. The car had not been run for a year when I bought it last week. Wondering if I can find the air intake and clean that out.

Other than that. Replaced heat hoses, added coolant. Wow. great heater. Installed Left side half axle. Nice drive. Thanks for the tip on buying new bolts. I stripped a few on the take off.

Ely, Minnesota. It going to be 38 degrees tonight.

Reply to
86GolfDiesel

You should find the air intake (and filter) under the plastic water strainer (top of the firewall)

al.

Reply to
al

I had a small animal crawl up inside (and die) and pieces of its nest came shooting out of my vents for MONTHS. Not to mention the dead animal smell whenever I turned on the heater. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to share.

Reply to
Ears