88 Fox shifting reverse

My Fox conked out could not shift reverse some plastic bracket broke friend replaced with new one .sfited again O.K. but later on I could not get it in reverse according book I Needed ficture to set shifter. Since I do not have such gismo is there another way of setting shifter. Thanks Moony.

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

Were all of the shifter linkage pieces changed? Does the shifter feel loose? Usually I can replace all linkage pieces without having to adjust anything.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1