89 1.8 Crankshaft Pulley alignment

Need some help, this is an 8V motor

I can't seem to figure out how to reassemble the Crank shaft pulley timing belt gear and the accessory pulley?

The end of the Crankshaft has a notch in it and the toothed gear for the timing belt has a coresponding key that fits in the notch, that part is a no brainer. (this is what I call GI proof). The accesory pulley that bolts onto the toothed gear has a eight holes in it but only four are threaded, so I am assuming that they do not align with the four holes in the timing toothed gear, I aligned the non threaded holes with them. The mark for setting up the correct timing belt alignment is on this accessory pulley and the toothed gear has a dimple on it, but I can not for the life of me figure which hole the dimple should aline with. I think I have a 25% chance of guessing this right?

Is there any way to make a correlation from the key of the notched timing gear to the alignment mark on the accessory pulley, do they line up, 180 degrees out, etc?

Thanks for you patience,

Joe

Reply to
J Hunt