89 Jetta transmission seal HELP please

I've got an 89 Jetta with a 3spd auto 010 transmission.

I need a seal for it but can not find it even when calling dealer. It is not the seal where the cv axles go into.

The seal is behind a circular steel cover held in by a circlip at the rear of the trans. To be honest it may not even be a seal, it may be an o-ring. It is approximately 4" in diameter.

Anyone have a source or more importantly a part #?

I can get an entire seal kit for the trans for $60 but really hate to do that for 1 seal.

Thanks! Paul '89 Jetta

Reply to
Simplstupd

Head on down to your friendly VW parts guy and have him show you the following parts on ETKA:

010 323 533 010 323 487 B 010 323 487 C 010 323 525 A 010 323 525 C

Perhaps you'll recognize one or more of them when you see them.

Simplstupd wrote:

Reply to
Randolph