90 - 94 Passat Audio Wiring. A MESS!!!

Hi. My lovely dad just got me a 90 Passat as a winter beater because I don't want my project car to rust during the cold season. The idiot who sold it removed the MP3 player by cutting all the wires and I have no idea what is what. I tried to look at the speakers to see what color cables go there to figure out what wire is what but there seem to be even more cables coming out of the speakers than there is in the dash where the player was so that didn't help.

Could anyone who knows about the 90 - 94 Passat Audio wiring help me please? I need to know what wire is for what and if someone has a diagram that would be much appreaciated. By the way, if it is needed, what I am trying to install is a JVC KD-G430.

Thanks.

Reply to
Gyuri

Hello Gyuri Pry the speakers grills on top of the dashboard and look for the wires connected to the speakers. Folow them first. Remove the plactic covers under the stering wheel to explose ore of the jungle there. The ground is brown and the positive is red. In few hours I could send you the original wiring schematics. I have just installed a LG radio and stripped all 4 previous generations of odd connectors of the radios before...with all kinds of bypasses and poor connections .

... Eyal

Reply to
Eyal

Thanks for replying I appreaciated it. A schematic would be awesome but if you don't end up replying I'll just have to try what you said. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Gyuri