90 Vanagon: Help needed with faltering/missing problem

About 6 years ago I had a problem with my vanagon: On long drives when fully warmed up, it would falter/miss, and have a loss of power most noticably when pulling any grade. I eventually changed out the wiring harness that exits the air box (part #025906302A) and this corrected the problem. Now I have similar symptoms again. It is perhaps a little worse even this time. Is it possible that the same part needs replacing again? I don't want to throw $120 away if it's not lilely to fix it. Any other ideas? thanks Aidan You can email me directly also @ snipped-for-privacy@directcon.net

Reply to
Aidan

I have a 1985 with the problem you mention except I am almost convinced that wet weather has a role in the hesitation. Then I picked up a 1985 that had been been totaled in body damage but had a good engine and the engine has the part you mention (VW025906302A) on a rebuilt engine. Will this little part fix all my problems or what? The only other solution I have heard about deals with soldering some of the connections in the air flow meter together. Does this connection you mention do the same thing as the soldering? I like my vanagon like a mormon taco until it starts hesitating.

Thanks, David

Reply to
sirgrumpalot1

Ihad an 84 with that problem. It is endemic to the breed. VW will sell you a $100.00 6 inch cable that corrects the problem or try visiting this place. This should cost you $10.00... maybe..

Good Luck!

Reply to
David Etter