91 Golf - jerks when i let off gas...

Car: 1991 VW Golf Coupe 8v

Problem:

If I let off on the gas too quickly, the car jerks really badly. If you are costing along without your foot on the gas at any speed, then apply your foot to the gas again, the car also jerks in the same way, unless you very carefully and slowly press on the gas or let off on it.

If you know what is causing this, please reply with your thoughts here in the NG and in private email. I frequent this newsgroup, but it can be hard to sort through everything.

Andrew

email: snipped-for-privacy@nbnet.nb.ca

Reply to
Andrew Martin

Rob Guenther

My Jetta used to do that...than I changed all my engine mounts....now, I have a pleasant, vibration free ride!

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Still could be a bad mount and you're feeling something move around.

FWIW though, Digifants, especially as they get older, do tend to be a little jumpy when you're coming off idle. It's kinda hard to do it smoothly.

Reply to
Matt B.

Oops...I misread ("letting off the gas"). Still think it could be a bad mount though.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

When you say "tune up" what all did you do?

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther